June 24, 2013

This Song Gets a Joey Potter Stink Face

I remember when DAWSON'S CREEK originally aired on The WB, but never watched it until it was in syndication on TBS. A few years later, I'm re-watching the entire series now on Netflix, but they've changed the iconic song of the show's title sequence from this...

...to this song that sounds like it belongs to a '90s sitcom starring Brooke Shields...

Huffington Post explains why Paula Cole's "I Don't Want to Wait" has been replaced with Jann Arden's "Run Like Mad." I'll give Arden some credit--at least "Run Like Mad" fits the tone of the title sequence a little better, but "I Don't Want to Wait" is like teen angst captured in a bottle.

I'm sure many people overseas, or new to the series, are only familiar with Arden's song, but, for me, the change bastardizes my viewing experience. So to this surprising development...

Had we known, Katie Holmes could have just sung the opening song.

No comments: