June 20, 2013

See You Soon, Sandman

A customer almost convinced me to buy Neil Gaiman's THE SANDMAN comic book series. I told her I wanted to buy the Absolute editions of Sandman, but they were out of my price range.
"Nah," she replied. "Don't even bother with Absolute Sandman. Just get them in paperback." She added that she's read everything Gaiman's written and even did her graduate thesis on Sandman. I was sold! A few hours later, three volumes were added to my Amazon cart. But then, I did the unthinkable.

I used math.


If I wait till August, I can save up and buy Sandman - Omnibus Vol. 1 when it's released; that's the first 37 issues collected in a hardcover for $71.61. But, how many trade paperback volumes do I need to buy to match the Omnibus volume? I had to Wikipedia that shit!

Five paperback volumes collecting a total of 37 issues for a total of $74.39 versus one 37 issue hardcover omnibus for $71.61.

I guess I'll be seeing you around September, Dream.

No comments: